Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Funk

The calendar says spring is here, the weather seems to concur (hopefully it stays that way), and a number of things are happening for me on the Prince front. New album(s) next week, Leno this coming wed-thu-fri, and to top it all off, I got word this week that my article on Prince's "slave" persona will be published in the next issue of the Journal of Popular Music Studies. Some other Princely things are falling into place too, but I can't divulge details yet - but Pittsburgh folks should keep an eye out!

Moreover, this is one of those songs that for some reason sounds "spring-like" to me. I believe this comes from the Romance 1600 video, which I haven't watched in some time. It's Sheila's house, but Prince and the Revolution show up to take it to the next level. Sadly, this is only the first half of the song (you know how Princey likes to jam out), but alas.




Have a great weekend, all!

2 comments:

KrissyGo! said...

Hey, congrats on the publication! That's awesome news!

Gonzo said...

Hey thanks! I'm excited to have my name and Prince's in print together.