Friday, May 23, 2008

Final Chapter

And here we have disc 4 of the 4-part mix (see previous posts for the first three volumes). Disc 4 is my second favorite. Not quite as solid as Disc 3, but still pretty tight. I would make a few changes in selection and transition, but ah well. I'm not even sure if we got to this disc at the initial party. But it's some good listening anyway. In fact, my lady and I spun it on the Baltimore-Pittsburgh drive today.

Enjoy Disc 4.

And here's the tracklist for disc 3 (tracklist for disc 4 in comments):
1. intro
2. Kool & the Gang - Jungle Boogie
3. Diana Ross - Upside Down
4. Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
5. Jay-Z - Change Clothes
6. Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
7. Madonna - Burning Up
8. Funkadelic - (Not Just) Knee Deep
9. Dr. Dre - Let Me Ride
10. ODB feat. Kelis - Got Your Money
11. Outkast - The Way You Move
12. Prince - Erotic City (12" version)
13. Cyndi Lauper - She Bop
14. Michael Jackson - P.Y.T.
15. Deee-Lite - Groove is in the Heart
16. James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine
17. Amy WInehouse - Rehab
18. Gloria Jones - Tainted Love
19. B-52s -Rock Lobster

----

So there you have it. This was the first massive mix I'd made in some time, and my first crack at Cool Edit Pro. As I mentioned previously, I may be embarking on a similar massive dance mix in the coming weeks, which I hope to make even better than this one. Of course, me being anal, I will forbid myself from repeating any songs. I will certainly keep you posted! For those of you that have given a listen to all 4 discs, I'd love to get your thoughts as well.

1 comment:

Gonzo said...

1 Blondie - Atomic
2 Rick James - Give it to Me, Baby
3 Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
4 Slave - Just a Touch of Love
5 Kanye West - Gold Digger
6 Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
7 Indeep - Last Night a DJ Saved My Life
8 Cee-Lo - Closet Freak
9 Peaches - Fuck the Pain Away
10 MIA - 10 Dollar
11 Lil Mama - Lip Gloss
12 Kelis - Milkshake
13 Prince - Pussy Control
14 Young MC - Bust a Move
15 Salt n Pepa - Push It
16 Kid N Play - Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody
17 Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid
18 Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On
19 A-Ha - Take On Me