Tuesday, May 13, 2008

broken promises

I know I said I'd hold off until Friday, but what the hey. I gave discs 1 and 2 of the dance mix (mentioned below) a spin on the drive to Pittsburgh, and thought I'd give you the second one early.

Disc 2 is where it starts to pick up. It's much more solid than disc one, and is meant to segue into the serious dancing. That's basically what happened. As I recall, towards the end of disc two was when we started moving furniture out the way.
My only regrets with disc 2 are small, and center around the fact that it includes some songs that I feel like I've put on far too many dance mixes (Daft Punk, Bjork, Blur). But you know, crowd pleasers are crowd pleasers!

Oh, and here's the tracklisting for disc 1. Disc 2's tracklist will be posted when I post disc 3.

Comprehensively Qualified: Disc 1
1. Jurassic 5 - In the Flesh
2. Common feat. Lily Allen - Drivin' Me Wild
3. Ladytron - Seventeen
4. Roxy Music - Love is the Drug
5. Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head
6. M - Pop Music
7. Devo - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
8. Talking Heads - Girlfriend is Better
9. Warren G and Nate Dogg - Regulate
10. The Roots feat. Cody Chestnut - The Seed 2.0
11. Goldfrapp - Ooh La La
12. Prince - Hot Thing
13. Spank Rock -Bump
14. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - It's Nasty (Genius of Love)
15. Tom Tom Club - Genius of Love
16. Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl

In related news, there may be occasion for me to create another massive dance mix very soon. Learning from my mistakes, I aim to make the next one rock like you've never been rocked before.

Enjoy Disc 2.

And if you missed it, here's disc 1.

No comments: