Monday, January 4, 2010

Gonzo on the air, 1/3

Change of pace this week (partially due to a tech problem at the station) - all garage, British Invasion and sweet sweet soul.

The Strangeloves - Night Time
The Pretty Things-Rosalyn
The Animals-Don't Let Me Down
The Wailers-Louie Louie
The Ramrods-War Party
The Ventures-Walk Don't Run
Link Wray-Rumble
The Yo-Yo's-Leaning On You
The Monks-Monk Time
The Detroit Cobras-As Long As I Have You
The Pied Pipers-I Didn't Believe Her
The Rolling Stones-I Wanna Be Your Man
The Action-I'll Keep on Holding On
The Raiders-I'm Not Your Stepping Stone
Barry and the Remains-You Got a Hard Time Comin'
The Kingsmen-A Hard Day's Night (live??)
? and the Mysterians-Midnight Hour
The Lemon Drops-I Live in the Springtime
The Illusion-Did You See Her Eyes
The Golliwogs-Fight Fire
THe Birds-Say Those Magic Words
The Cooperettes-Shingaling
Marvin Gaye-Ain't That Peculiar
The Ikettes-I'm Blue (The Gong Gong Song)
Gloria Jones-Tainted Love
Pat Lewis-Warning
JR Walker and the All-Stars-Shake and Finger Pop
Jo Ann Garrett-Goin' Man Huntin'
James Brown-Mashed Potatoes (pt 1)
The Exciters-Blowin' Up My Mind
The Supremes-Money (That's What I Want)
Stevie Wonder-Respect
Toussaint McCall-Nothing Takes the Place of You
Jackson Five-Who's Lovin' You
---

Next week: back to business as usual. Be sure to tune in at 90.1FM in Indiana, PA or www.wiupfm.org. Also, join us on Facebook!

No comments: