Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Angry Video Game Nerd: Moonwalker

Some of you know that I have a soft spot for classic video games. A couple of years ago, I was YouTubing and came across The Angry Video Game Nerd (then known as "The Angry Nintendo Nerd"). Essentially the schtick is that this fellow (in character) reviews some of the worst video games of all time, generally in a pretty entertaining/humorous way. I admit they're kind of hit or miss, but when they're good, they're VERY good.

What does that have to do with music?

His latest review: Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for the Sega Genesis!!!!

I remember when the arcade version of this came out. The Sega-owned arcade at a local mall had it and I nearly shat myself. My mother nearly shat herself when she found out that I'd pumped $5 worth of quarters into the machine (this was back in the day when 1 quarter equaled 1 credit). I never got a Genesis - I lusted after the Super Nintendo instead (which, with an 8-bit NES, is still hooked up to the TV in my living room). But I always wanted a Genesis just so I could play Moonwalker at home. Years later, I downloaded it with a Genesis modulator and beat it pretty swiftly. Anyhow, check out The Angry Video Game Nerd's review below:



Check out other Angry Video Game Nerd Videos at Cinemassacre.com.

No comments: