Thursday, January 15, 2009

Running Mix

Some of my pals from grad school and I have a little online support group for our exercise habits. In addition to victories, defeats, injuries and goals, we also share recipes and (as of today) music.

I'd promised the group that I would compile a workout mix specifically for them, and share. But hey, you're apparently reading my blog, so why not share with you as well?

The music that I like to listen to while running broadly falls into two categories: 1) balls out rock and 2) things I like to dance to. The latter category encompasses pop, hip hop, funk, electro, etc. The former is self explanatory.

This mix is firmly entrenched in the second category, though a rock-oriented mix may follow. I'll keep the tracklist a secret for now (surprises!). But I tested it out on shorter runs the last two days, and I'm pretty pleased. A couple of not-so-great transitions, but overall I'm satisfied. I use it for running, but I'm sure it would suit pretty much any exercise activity. Enjoy!

Gonzo's Running Mix, Jan '09

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm giving this a test run after work tonight. Get it? Test RUN? Ha! Heeee Hawwww!! Thanks G...

Gonzo said...

Enjoy, you comedian, you!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff... you'll be glad to know that "Jager Yoga" is my 5 year old daughter's new favorite song...

Gonzo said...

Ha - excellent! Glad you (and she) enjoyed it! Might want to turn it off for her before it gets to the Ice Cube though... ;)