Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Funk

Funkateers - apologies for my absence last week. We were in quite the snafu with Verizon. To make up for it, let's do a double shot this week, aight?

I've raved about Chromeo's Fancy Footwork here before, and if I know you personally, I've likely praised the album in person as well. It is absolutely one of my favorite records from 2007, and one of the best getting-ready-to-go-out / party albums I've heard in a while. I'm also totally stoked, because I'll be seeing these chaps at the 9:30 club on Saturday, finally! (I'm sad to be missing The Bird and the Bee in Baltimore, but alas.)

First up is the song that drew me in initially. Here's the highly amusing video for "Bonafide Lovin'" :




And here we have the boys performing "Fancy Footwork" on Jimmy Kimmel Live from this past summer:



CHROMEO (MySpace)

I'll post a report on the show in a couple of days. In the meantime, have a great weekend and stay funky!

No comments: