I've been slacking a bit, I know. There was a holiday weekend (which included the Iowa City Jazz Festival - more on that later, perhaps), and I've been busy with research and writing. When I'm not working on the diss, I'm running or enjoying the Six Feet Under boxed set my lady got me for my birthday.
Anyhow, first, I give you the tracks on disc 3 from the previous post:
2. Coolio - Fantastic Voyage
3. Earth Wind And Fire - Lets Groove
4. George Clinton - Atomic Dog
5. De La Soul - Me Myself And I
6. Mary Jane Girls - In My House
7. The Time - Jungle Love
8. Rufus Thomas - Funky Chicken
9. Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
10. Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
11. Brown, James - Papa's Got a Brand New Bag, Pt. 1
12. Michael Jackson - Workin' Day And Night
13. Ready For The World - Oh Shelia
14. Jody Watley- Don't You Want Me
15. Madonna - Into The Groove
16. Cameo - Word Up
17. Ludacris - Stand Up
18. Prince And The New Power Generation - Sexy M.F.
And now onto the grand finale. Although I think disc three is (and should be) the high point, disc 4 is a good one, and as I mentioned earlier, much more solid than disc four on the last set. I'd say disc 4 of summer madness is my second favorite, and does a good job of keeping things hot. You'll notice I had some fun with the MJ track. I wanted to make it even more ridiculous (because it seemed a hillarious idea to me), but I held back.
Enjoy disc 4.
Overall I'm very pleased with how this set turned out, particularly in comparison the last set. I loved the last set, but I'm just getting more familiar with editing mixes with Cool Edit Pro, and I think that comes through. Hopefully you feel the same way.
So give it a listen this weekend when you're getting ready to go out, when you have people over for an impromptu dance party, or when you're working out. I've found that the music I like to dance to and the music that I like to run to are often one in the same. Go figure.
It may be a while before the occasion arises to make another epic dance mix, but who knows. I do have some ideas for shorter theme mixes, and I am toying around with the idea of podcasts for this blog, but I'm not 100% on it just yet. Time will tell, friends.
EDIT: tracklist for disc 4 in comments.