Monday, February 25, 2008

change of pace



This isn;t the kind of thing I normally do in this space, but what the hell. I'll try to keep it music-oriented for the sake of the blog.

Tagged by KrissyGo!

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

1. The first pop music recording that I owned all to myself was the 45 for "We Are the World," which I still have. I really wanted the whole LP, but my dad wouldn't budge. (I had the final say in 2006 when I found it at Goodwill. Ha!)

2. For a long time, I was wholly opposed to karaoke. A friend of mine dragged me out one night, drinks were had, we did "Erotic City," and the rest is history.

3. I still rock a discman, not a digital music device (although it is digital to a certain extent).

4. Including bootlegs, I have approximately 195 Prince (and related) cds.

5. I really like the Carpenters. Really. Part of this can be chalked up to my innate attraction to female drummers (Sheila E., Meg White, et. al.). I'm also fascinated with Karen Carpenter as a pop cultural figure. But I really do like their music.

6. I play drums right handed on a left handed setup. The only reason for this is that when I got my first really crappy kit, it was set up lefty, and I'm righty. So that's how I learned. It is really difficult for me to play on a right handed setup.

7. I've had the misfortune of seeing Ted Nugent in concert. Twice.

I don't know most of the bloggers whose blogs I frequent, so I'll just leave the tag open. Actually, I will throw it to Pete and the IckMusic gang.

No comments: