Monday, December 24, 2007

Rockin' Little Christmas




I wanted to do a 12-days of Christmas wherein I posted my 12 favorite Christmas videos. Except that I forgot about it until two days ago. Never fear - I still bring some holiday cheer.

This little compilation first came my way back in the mid-1980s. My parents had it on cassette; if I recall, it was one of many miscellaneous recordings acquired when my great uncle died. Whatever the origins, it became a family favorite. A short, but sweet compilation of rockin' Xmas tunes. Some are classics that you'll remember (Brenda Lee, Chuck Berry, Bobby Helms), others are lost classics that have become personal favorites of mine (The Moonglows, The Enchanters). All in all, it's a great little compilation that is sadly out of print. So here it is. Pour out some drinks, exchange some gifts, and blast these xmas tunes. Happy Holidays, all!

V/A - Rockin' Little Christmas

No comments: