Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Mix

This week we had our departmental banquet, which is mainly a chance to recognize students who've done exceptional work for our departmental organizations. I was asked to make a mix, which I dutifully did. It went unused, but I'll still share it with you. Tracks are mostly from the past year or so, with a couple stretching a bit farther back.

April 2010 mix

I also need to make a new running mix - it's on the docket, though my running has been spotty lately due to a minor, but nagging injury.

Tracklist in the comments.

3 comments:

Gonzo said...

1. The Killers - All These Things that I've Done
2. The Raveonettes - Bang
3.Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks
4. Phoenix-1901
5. Vampire Weekend-Cousins
6. The Ting Tings-That's Not My Name
7. Santogold-You'll Find a Way
8. Yeasayer-O.N.E.
9. The Bird and the Bee-Maneater
10. M.I.A.-Paper Planes
11. T.I. feat Jay-Z, Kanye and Lil' Wayne-Swagga Like Us
12. Royksopp-Happy Up Here
13. Goldfrapp-Rocket (Richard X One Zero remix)
12. MGMT-Electric Feel (Justice remix)
12. Crystal Castles vs. HEALTH-Crimewave
13. Backroc feat. Mos Def-On the Vista
14. Lady Gag-Telephone (Electrolightz remix)
15. La Roux-Bulletproof (Electrolights remix)
16. Kid Sister-Control
17. Kid Cudi-Day N Nite (Crookers remix)

WIUP's The Sunday Sampler with Marc Morrison said...

Why were you asked to create a mix, and why was it ultimately not required?

Mundane questions, I know. But I have an inquiring mind.

Gonzo said...

Traditionally (I'm told) TV shows some clips (a blooper reel, etc.) - the NBS students were kindly trying to find a way for radio to showcase. Thought about deejaying, but it seemed burdensome to take the gear up there. So this was a last minute arrangement, but it just didn't pan out - TV didn't have a blooper reel either.