Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Funk

Yeah, I'm still on an MJ loop, whatchagonnadoo? Despite the circumstances, I've enjoyed going back through all of my MJ and related material this week. In preparation for the Purple Rain party, I'd been listening to Prince almost exclusively for over a month, so it's been refreshing in that regard.



The original version of this ditty hails from The Jacksons' Triumph LP, a forgotten gem in the MJ catalog. Seriously, this track, "Can You Feel It," "Walk Right Now" and "This Place Hotel" (aka "Heartbreak Hotel")? Lord. Definitely worth picking up. They recently reissued the Jacksons catalog - this and Destiny are the ones to get.

Tonight I will be attending an MJ party in Philadelphia, which I'm looking forward to quite a bit.

Now where are those loafers?

No comments: