Thursday, November 29, 2007

Jackson Five to Reunite


So the story has been picked up pretty widely in the music press - according to Jermaine Jackson in a recent BBC interview, the Jackson Five, including Michael, are planning to tour in 2008.

Who knows if this will actually happen. They've been talking about it for the last twenty years. The rumor seems to surface every 5-7 years, most recently in 2001. Now, 20 years ago, this would have been a pop cultural dream come true. But in 2007, the question is 'Does anybody really care?'

I've already lost faith in MJ's performance abilities. Yes, I love Motown, yes I love the Jackson Five, and yes I love MJ (to a point). But I have little desire to pay through the nose for tickets to see what I imagine will be a caricature of J5. I could be wrong. It could be the tour of the decade. But I think that's pretty much a long shot.

Of course, this clip from a few years ago is decent, but I'm putting my money on lip synching here:



At any rate, here's an interesting moment: J5 covering Sly on Sullivan:

No comments: