Monday, December 14, 2009

BLOG WHORE

Here are some thangs I've been meaning to share:

-Ickmusic is always a treasure trove, but Pete has shared a series of real gems from the Boss. The long and short of it is that in the final nights of his tour with the E Street Band, the Boss played one of his classic albums in full each night. Pete's shared the Buffalo, NY show (featuring Asbury Park), Philadelphia (featuring Darkness on the Edge of Town) and New York City (featuring The River). I've only listened to the Buffalo show, but it's fantastic!

-I'm pretty sure that at some point, I knew of and had possibly even visited Pop Dose. But Michael (of IckMusic fame) has recently hipped me to the site, and I can't say enough about it. A sort of clearinghouse for everything popular culture. Check out their podcasts, which are absurdly entertaining (they've had me laughing out loud while running, which I'm sure makes bystanders nervous). Also have a look at the 25 Days of Mellowmas, their annual holiday feature.

-Lastly, a student of mine directed me toward Gorilla vs. Bear which looks to be a pretty solid indie blog.

Enjoy!

No comments: